August 12, 2017
I did very well selling my soap and bath bombs at the 2017 Church Street Fair in Santa Cruz, CA. Best sellers were the Lavender Layers Confetti Soap, Sea Soap, Chance of Hearts Soap, and Coastal Hills Lavender Soap. I’ll definitely be restocking these as they are either sold out or I have few left.
- I had a great spot near the from of the fair.
- I had two long days to sell: Saturday and Sunday from about 9:30 AM to 8:00 PM.
- I’m the only vendor selling colorfully designed soaps with provocative scents. And those scents draw in anyone within 6 feet of my booth!
- I have a new company banner across the back of my canopy. People love to read the So and Soap name out loud! It’s so saucy!
- My new soap displays from Lasercutz show off the soaps well and allow customers to easily pick up and examine the soaps.
- I had a big supply of colorful bath bombs. Most typical bath bomb customer? Kids! And they are often very successful in convincing their parents to spring for a bath bomb.
- All my lovely customers. They lingered over the soaps, marveled over the designs and fragrances, asked questions, and came back with their friends. Impudent soaps for adventurous folks? They’re all in.
- I had help with load in and load out from my sweet husband Ben.
- Friends Simone and Jody gave me a break each day so I could relax a bit and enjoy the rest of the fair. Here’s the wonderful Simone.